Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord, Part One

One of the most popular search items on the Powerhouse Podcasts site is casting your cares upon the Lord. Apparently, a lot of people are having severe troubles in their lives and are looking for a way to get relief from those problems.  They could be dealing with:
  • Financial problems
  • Fear of terrorist attacks
  • Unemployment
  • Bad relationships
If you are seeking in this area, know that the answer is as close as your Bible.  The Apostle Peter tells us, in his first epistle:

6Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
7Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
1 Peter 5:6-8 [AMP]

Whatever is bothering you... whatever is taking your sleep away... whatever is driving your blood pressure upwards... whatever seems an insurmountable obstacle... just humble yourself under God’s mighty hand.

You can’t handle it yourself... so why even deceive yourself by thinking that you are big and bad and tough enough to handle it?  Just take it to the throne of Almighty God (who loves you more than you could ever comprehend) and let Him deal with it... and then keep your eyes open so that satan can’t harm you.

By the way, you can listen to our Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord podcast by clicking here.


For additional blogs on casing your cares, click the links below:

Cast Your Cares - Part 2

Judypie: Cast Your Care

Strength in Difficult Times

Spiritual Strength

Suicide Ain’t Painless

Having Done All... Stand

Perfect Peace

In The Time of Trouble

No Condemnation

Hope, the Anchor of the Soul

Worry

In the Midst of the Storm

Psalm Eight

How Much Do You Really Trust God

Perfect Peace

Joy and Gladness

Being Rejected


Below are some meditations from Judypie that will also help you to cast those cares of yours upon the Lord:

Trust in the Lord

LORD, You are my rock, my fortress, my Deliverer, my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my Salvation. You are my High Tower. For Your name’s sake lead me, and guide me. You brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and You established my goings. You are my Strong Habitation, whereunto I may continually resort; You gave the commandment to save me for You are my Rock and my Fortress. In the name of Jesus, You are my Foundation. Amen.


Hold your mouse over or click these scriptures:
  • Psalm 18:2
  • Psalm 31:3
  • Psalm 40:2
  • Psalm 71:3

Meditation

Oh, LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things, even purposes planned of old [and fulfilled] in faithfulness and truth. Father, You so loved the world that You sent Your only begotten Son to take away our sins. Jesus, I turn to You in every situation for You are my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. I bind my emotions to the control of the Holy Spirit and my thoughts to the wisdom of God. I renounce old, unpleasant memories that exalt themselves above the knowledge of God, and choose to bring them into obedience to the Royal Law of Love. Prince of Peace I pray that you will be glorified in my public and private life, and in all my relationships, in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Hold your mouse over or click these scriptures:
  • Isaiah 25:1
  • John 3:16
  • Isaiah 9:6-7
“I shall grow old, but never lose life’s zest,
Because the road’s last turn will be my best”
In My Father’s house are many mansions... John 14:1

The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength

Lord, I thank you for loving me. When I feel weary, I choose to release my faith by acknowledging you as my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer and my Shield. Your Word is active, operative, energizing, and effective. I give thanks to you, my Lord, I sing praises to Your name, O Most High, I choose to show forth Your loving-kindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night for You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your works; at the deeds of Your hands I joyfully sing. The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Amen.


Click these scriptures:

In A Time of Trouble

Father, give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. It is through You that we will do valiantly, for You shall tread down our enemies. You arm us with strength and make our way perfect. You make our feet like the feet of a deer and we stand on the heights. You train our hands for battle, give us Your shield of victory, and Your right hand sustains us. In the name of Jesus we are more than conquerors through You, our LORD, our God. Amen.


Hold your mouse over or click these scriptures:
  • Psalm 18:32-35
  •  Psalm 108:12-13

Free from Fear

You can turn fear out of doors by declaring your faith in God's Word. Praying aloud will stop the tormenting thoughts. Believe God; He is faithful, and He watches over His word to perform it.
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank you for delivering me from the fear of death. You are with me; I will not be afraid. You are my God, and I will not be dismayed. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Amen.


Hold your mouse over or click these scriptures:
  • Hebrews 2:14-15
  • Isaiah 41:10
  • Romans 8:15
  • Psalm 34:4

No comments: