Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord, Part Two

In our last blog on the subject of Casting Your Cares Upon the Lord, Part One, we made note of the fact that the most popular search item on the Powerhouse Podcasts site is our seven minutes of wisdom podcast entitled Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord!

On last check... we are still getting more hits on that subject than on any other at the Powerhouse. And so, we thought we should bring a little bit more on that subject to you.

Germaine Copeland of Word Ministries wrote the following:

The human body and central nervous system cannot tolerate the burden of worry, fretting, and anxiety. This type of burden causes a chemical imbalance in your DNA and interferes with the production of necessary hormones for physical, mental and emotional health. Worry is probably the major cause of sickness. The Holy Spirit taught me to cast all my burdens on the Lord during a crucial time in my life. I chose not to worry and declared that God cared for me and my household. The Holy Spirit taught me how to take off my cares and lay them on the Lord. I approached God boldly in prayer and read His Word aloud to myself until worry subsided. Today I teach classes on Overcoming Worry, but find that some Christians are determined to worry and have their anxiety attacks. The choice is yours. You can lug around the worries and cares or you can talk to the Lord about any situation whether it is financial, marriage relationship, the death of a loved one, or children gone astray. Choose to cast the care of any circumstance that is causing you to worry over on the Lord because He cares for you.

That about says it all, doesn’t it? Worry makes you sick. Worry makes you physically weak. Worry makes you spiritually weak. Worry is like faith in reverse... rather than believing God for the victory, you are believing your problems for defeat. How about making a decision to exorcise worry from your life, once and for all?

Have you ever said, “That person gets on my nerves” or possibly had someone say that about you? Well… if people are getting on your nerves, don’t worry. Judypie has a meditation to deal with that too! Just pray this prayer:

To you, O Lord, I pray. My enemies will not triumph over me, and I will never be disgraced for trusting you. Show me the path where I should go, point out the right road for me to walk. Lead and teach me for you are the God who gives me salvation. Thank you for seeing me through eyes of everlasting love and kindness. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

And, after praying that prayer... read Psalm 25.

We listen to Pastor Gregory Dickow each week and are impressed by his 40 day fast from wrong thinking. It has nothing to do with not eating... but it has a lot to do with not worrying! Free your mind... and the rest will follow!

By the way, you can listen to our Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord podcast by clicking here.

For additional blogs on casing your cares, click the links below:

Cast Your Cares - Part 1

Judypie: Cast Your Care

Strength in Difficult Times

Spiritual Strength

Suicide Ain’t Painless

Having Done All... Stand

Perfect Peace

In The Time of Trouble

No Condemnation

Hope, the Anchor of the Soul

Worry

In the Midst of the Storm

Psalm Eight

How Much Do You Really Trust God

Perfect Peace

Joy and Gladness

Being Rejected


And, on that note, we present you with the following meditation from our gospel powerhouse, Judypie.


All Things are Possible


Jesus made an amazing statement when he said that all things are possible to him who believes. How is it possible for the impossible to become possible? Establish your belief system according to the word of God, and bring your thoughts into agreement with your God-given hopes and dreams. Take control of your thoughts for they will give birth to your words, words will become actions, actions will become habits, and habits will become character and your character becomes your destiny. Your faith-filled words will give substance to your hopes and your destiny will be fulfilled.

Heavenly Father, I am not limited in doing what You have called me to do. Jesus, my Lord, said that everything is possible for him who believes. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. The circumstances, finances, connections, the skilled people and the anointing needed to fulfill your will have already been provided. You have made every provision I will ever need. I affirm that no word from my Father is without power or impossible of fulfillment! I will stand and look to You for all my needs. In Jesus name. Amen.

Scripture meditations (hold your mouse over the following):

  • Mark 9:12
  • Luke 1:37

As you focus on the meditation and scriptures above that Judypie have given us, you can feel your faith growing, now, as your cares and worries wash away.

If you feel that maybe God can’t or won’t bless you because of some sin in your life... here is another meditation from Judypie that answers those issues:

Receiving Forgiveness


Father, You are my source of love, forgiveness and acceptance. All other sources have left me emotionally wounded and confused. I built my walls of self-protection, turned my back on You and the spring of living water; I dug my own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water. I repent of my transgressions. In the name of Jesus, I ask You to cleanse me and take away my guilt. Jesus, I drink from the living water; I believe on You, and out of my innermost being shall flow rivers of living water. Amen.

Scripture meditations (hold your mouse over the following):

  • Jeremiah 2:13
  • John 7:37-39
  • Psalm 51:2, 7

Forgiveness is a given for those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. 1 John 1:9 in the Bible tells us that. But if you have never accepted Jesus... then the next meditation from Judypie allows you to put that care to rest permanently. And, if you are already saved... this meditation will bolster the assurance of your salvation:

Salvation


Father, we believe in our hearts that You raised Jesus from the dead, and we confess Jesus is Lord over our spirits, souls and bodies. Father-God, You planted us like strong and graceful oaks for Your own glory, and anointed us to rebuild the ancient ruins… reviving them though they have lain there many generations. We thank You for forgiving all our iniquities and healing all our diseases. We decree that our families and future generations shall come to the knowledge of the Truth and be saved. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
Romans 10:9-10 [AMP]

1BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
2Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--
3Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
4Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
5Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle’s [strong, overcoming, soaring]!
6The Lord executes righteousness and justice [not for me only, but] for all who are oppressed.
7He made known His ways [of righteousness and justice] to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.
8The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness.
9He will not always chide or be contending, neither will He keep His anger forever or hold a grudge.
10He has not dealt with us after our sins nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great are His mercy and loving-kindness toward those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him.
12As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13As a father loves and pities his children, so the Lord loves and pities those who fear Him [with reverence, worship, and awe].
14For He knows our frame, He [earnestly] remembers and imprints [on His heart] that we are dust.
15As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16For the wind passes over it and it is gone, and its place shall know it no more.
17But the mercy and loving-kindness of the Lord are from everlasting to everlasting upon those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, and His righteousness is to children’s children--
18To such as keep His covenant [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it] and to those who [earnestly] remember His commandments to do them [imprinting them on their hearts].
19The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all.
20Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His word.
21Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, all you His hosts, you His ministers who do His pleasure.
22Bless the Lord, all His works in all places of His dominion; bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul!
Psalm 103 [AMP]

Eternal Life


Father, this is eternal life that we may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I thank You for sending Jesus to earth; to know Him is to know You. I thank You for the Holy Spirit who comforts and helps me – teaching me all things that You have said. I pause and take time to meditate on Your promises as they are first place in my thoughts, in the name of Jesus. You are my Strength, my Light and my Salvation. Amen.

Click on the following scriptures to study more on Eternal Life:


And now that you have exorcised worry from your life IN THE NAME OF JESUS, now you can devote your energy to living a pure life. Here are some additional meditations from Judypie that will help you throughout the upcoming days:

A Pure Heart


What is in your heart will be revealed during times of stress, trial or tribulation. Some Christians do not give heed to what they are watching on television or the music they hear or the material they are reading, and they fill their minds with ungodly thinking. Some major on negative, pessimistic thinking, and they do not see a silver lining anywhere. To be pure in heart you must saturate your mind with the Word of God through reading, meditation and prayer. Scriptural prayers that are written to help you renew your mind to God’s Word. Develop the mind of Christ by choosing to concentrate on the magnitude of God and His promises to you. You can change your attitude from negative to positive and become a world changer!

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You do I wait all the day long. Laus Deo!

Father, it is you who creates a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me. Lord Jesus, thank You for cleansing me. You have blotted out and canceled my transgressions, and you will remember them no longer. You do not keep a record of my sin because I have truly repented and turned from my wicked ways. I am cleansed and pruned by the living word which you have given me. I will not forget all your benefits but affectionately and gratefully bless your name. You heal all my diseases and forgive all my iniquities. Thank you. Amen.

Scripture Meditations (hold your mouse over the following):

  • Psalm 51:10
  • Isaiah 43:25
  • John 15:3

We hope that this will help you in the area of casting your cares upon the Lord. We will close this post with one final prayer and scripture meditation from Judypie:

Security


Father, in the name of Jesus, I bless my family and co-workers daily with faith and love. May we be filled with hope for the word of truth; the gospel is our mainstay. The Prince of Peace is our Companion and Strength for this day. We are secure, for we have received Your abundant provision of grace and the gift of righteousness through Jesus Christ. At night we rest in perfect peace, consoled by thoughts of Your love for us, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditations (hold your mouse over the following):

  • Colossians 1:5
  • Romans 5:17

No comments: