Sunday, May 16, 2010

Meditations from Judypie

Freedom from Hang-ups

Sometimes we find it difficult to keep the words of Jesus: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. The second most important is similar: Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself. (Matthew 22:37-30 LB) It is our hang-ups that hinder us and keep us from loving one another. Believers have the God-given ability to deal with unhealed hurts, unacknowledged anger and unresolved issues. Why? Because Jesus was beaten that we might have peace; he was lashed--and we were healed! Allow Jesus to bind up and heal your brokenness, and learn how to let go of hang-ups that cause you to do what you don't want to, and hinders you from doing what you want to do.

“This is the day the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Psalm 118:24

Grace to be me

Father, I thank You for salvation. By grace I have been saved through faith…it is the gift of God. Sin shall no longer be my master, because I am under grace. Your grace is sufficient for me—for every situation that I face today—for Your strength is made perfect in weakness. From the fullness of Your grace we have all received one blessing after another in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Hold your mouse over the following scriptures:
  • Ephesians 2:8
  • Romans 6:14-15
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9
  • John 1:16

Looking Beyond Circumstances

Jesus is my Lord, and I will not lose heart. Even though my outward man is perishing, yet my inward man is being renewed day by day. For this light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while I look at the things, which are not seen. Thank You for the eternal things that will never pass away in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Hold your mouse over the following scripture:
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

A Shining Light

Father, Your Word affirms that Jesus Christ is building me up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to You. I belong to a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a peculiar people; that I should show forth Your praises. You called me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. I pray that I may be blameless and harmless, a child of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom I shine as a light in the world. I desire to hold forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain. In Jesus name. Amen.


Hold your mouse over the following scriptures:
  • 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
  • Philippians 2:15-16
  • 1 Peter 2:5,9

Accepted by God

Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing the work of my hands. I can walk confidently fulfilling my destiny because You love, accept and approve of me. I am strong even though I feel weak, and my works shall be rewarded. I am steadfast, never giving up in the face of adversity. Because I am Your child and a partaker of Your divine nature, I will stand firm until Your will prevails and satan’s plans have been demolished. In the name of Jesus, I affirm Your love for me. In Jesus Name. Amen.


Hold your mouse over the following scriptures:
  • Deuteronomy 28:12
  • 2 Chronicles 15:7
  • Ephesians 6:13-14

More Than a Conqueror

Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, or sword? For Your sake I am killed all day long; I am accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Yet in all these things I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me. Hallelujah! Amen!

Hold your mouse over the following scripture:
  • Romans 8:35-37

No comments: