Wednesday, May 16, 2007

She Worried Herself to Death

The story of Marcie Bentz is one that serves as a wake-up call for many of us. This woman survived the attack of 9/11, healed of her physical wounds... yet allowed the emotional wounds of fear to literally take her life.

MSNBC reported that the 48-year-old went through a downward spiral of fear and depression as a result of post-traumatic stress disorder until, according to her sister, fear killed her.

I immediately realized that it was not a coincidence that, before hearing this sad news, my friend Judiepie sent an article called “Care Free” by Germaine Copeland.

This article, which takes an aggressive stance against fear, provides instructions on how to cast your cares upon your Loving Heavenly Father so that you can have and enjoy life and not be destroyed.

The article reads as follows:


The human body and central nervous system cannot tolerate the burden of worry, fretting, and anxiety. This type of burden causes a chemical imbalance in your DNA and interferes with the production of necessary hormones for physical, mental and emotional health. Worry is probably the major cause of sickness. The Holy Spirit taught me to cast all my burdens on the Lord during a crucial time in my life. I chose not to worry and declared that God cared for me and my household. The Holy Spirit taught me how to take off my cares and lay them on the Lord. I approached God boldly in prayer and read His Word aloud to myself until worry subsided. Today I teach classes on Overcoming worry, but find that some Christians are determined to worry and have their anxiety attacks. The choice is yours. you can lug around the worries and cares or you can talk to the Lord about any situation whether it is financial, marriage relationship, the death of a loved one, or children gone astray. Choose to cast the care of any circumstance that is causing you to worry over on the Lord because He cares for you.


Be willing to fight the flesh... don’t allow yourself to fall into a trap of fear, doubt, unbelief or depression. John 10:10 [AMP] tells us that Jesus came that we might have and enjoy life in abundance, to the full, until it overflows!

Don’t allow satan to use fear to steal your life...

No comments: