Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wisdom from Judypie: Renewing Your Mind to Walk Closer with God

Spiritually Minded

Heavenly Father, I bind my mind to the mind of Christ, my will to the will of God and my emotions to the control of the Holy Spirit. I choose to walk according to the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, setting my mind on the things of the Spirit. To be spiritually minded is life and peace. I count myself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Amen.
1THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.
3For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice],
4So that the righteous and just requirement of the Law might be fully met in us who live and move not in the ways of the flesh but in the ways of the Spirit [our lives governed not by the standards and according to the dictates of the flesh, but controlled by the Holy Spirit].
5For those who are according to the flesh and are controlled by its unholy desires set their minds on and pursue those things which gratify the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit and are controlled by the desires of the Spirit set their minds on and seek those things which gratify the [Holy] Spirit.
6Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].
7[That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God's Law; indeed it cannot.
8So then those who are living the life of the flesh [catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature] cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him.
Romans 8:1-8 [AMP]
Even so consider yourselves also dead to sin and your relation to it broken, but alive to God [living in unbroken fellowship with Him] in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:11 [AMP]

Choose the Way of Truth

Father, in the name of Jesus I ask You to preserve my life according to Your word. I recounted my ways and You answered me; teach me Your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of Your precepts; then I will meditate on Your wonders. Strengthen me according to Your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through Your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on Your laws. I hold fast to Your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free. You are awesome and I praise You, my Redeemer and Friend. Amen.
25My earthly life cleaves to the dust; revive and stimulate me according to Your word!
26I have declared my ways and opened my griefs to You, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes.
27Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on and talk of Your wondrous works.
28My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word.
29Remove from me the way of falsehood and unfaithfulness [to You], and graciously impart Your law to me.
30I have chosen the way of truth and faithfulness; Your ordinances have I set before me.
31I cleave to Your testimonies; O Lord, put me not to shame!
32I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing.
Psalm 119:25-32 [AMP]
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”

God Directs Your Path

There is a way that seems right to man, but it leads to destruction. The good news is that God knew you before the foundation of the world, and He sent the Holy Spirit to help you make wise choices that lead to the more than abundant life. This path was designed by your Heavenly Father because you are His own handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, that you may do those good works which God planned beforehand for you -- paths which He prepared ahead of time, that you should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for you to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMP). Ask Him to order your steps in His Word because His Word is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path.
Father, may I always listen for Your gentle whisper. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to take me by the hand and guide me into all the truth. He speaks only what He hears, and He will tell me what is yet to come. In all my ways I acknowledge You, and You shall direct my path. In the name of Jesus, I thank You for Your great love for me. Amen.
11And He said, Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord. And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;
12And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice.
1 Kings 19:11-12 [AMP]
But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].
John 16:13 [AMP]
In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Proverbs 3:6 [AMP]

Reconciled to God

Father, I thank You for saving me from wrath through Christ. If when I was Your enemy, I was reconciled to You through the death of Your Son, much more, having been reconciled, I shall be saved by His life. I also rejoice in You through my Lord Jesus Christ, through whom I have now received reconciliation. I shall rejoice in You and be glad in the name of Jesus. Amen.
9Therefore, since we are now justified (acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ's blood, how much more [certain is it that] we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God.
10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin's dominion) through His [resurrection] life.
11Not only so, but we also rejoice and exultingly glory in God [in His love and perfection] through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we have now received and enjoy [our] reconciliation.
Romans 5:9-11 [AMP]
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

(Psalm 18:1-3)

No comments: