Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Sower Sows The Word

I find it interesting how many activities preoccupy churches in America. People focus on musical extravaganzas... fund raising efforts... even insane activities like burning copies of the Quran. But is that really what followers of Jesus are supposed to be doing? We were privileged to hear Lon Solomon explain that the prime directive of the Body of Christ is the Great Commission:

18Jesus approached and, breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
19Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).
Matthew 28:18-20 [AMP]

How often do we go days... weeks... months... years without sharing the good news that God loves us? As the late Keith Green famously said, “This generation of believers - you and me - are responsible for this generation of souls!”

This week’s blog features wisdom from Judypie about... well, isn’t it obvious?




Freedom to Choose
by Judy Ann

God sets before you life or death – the choice is yours. How do you choose life? By choosing to be spiritually minded, which is life and peace; to be carnally minded is death (Romans 8:6). You can choose to think like the world (carnally minded), or you can become God-inside-minded. Read and meditate on God's Word, memorize and personalize Scripture, pray Scriptural prayers. Put God's Word first. Choose life!

Father, You have set before me life and death, blessing and cursing. I come before You choosing life that I—and my children might live. I choose to love You, Lord my God, to obey You and to cling to You, for You are my life and the length of my days. Thank You for blessing me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I turn away from everything wrong, whether of body or spirit, and purify myself, living in the wholesome fear of God, and give myself to You alone. In the name of Jesus, I give Your Word first place in my daily life. Amen.

19I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live
20And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 [AMP]



May blessing (praise, laudation, and eulogy) be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) Who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual (given by the Holy Spirit) blessing in the heavenly realm!
Ephesians 1:3 [AMP]



With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God.
2 Corinthians 7:1 [MESSAGE]

My desire Lord is for people to see You in me..may I reflect your love and grace and mercy..may I be more like You Lord everyday with a heart of compassion ..You are the reason I live and breathe..


I Will Do Good
by Judy Ann

Father, you have called me and separated me unto the Gospel. I utterly abandon my dreams and plans to Your Will. In the name of Jesus, I bind my will, plans and purposes to Your will, plans and purposes for my life as I wait for your Guidance, I listen for your Voice. When I lose my life, then I shall find it. Amen.

I, Paul, am a devoted slave of Jesus Christ on assignment, authorized as an apostle to proclaim God's words and acts. I write this letter to all the believers in Rome, God's friends.
Romans 1:1 [MESSAGE]



Whoever finds his [lower] life will lose it [the higher life], and whoever loses his [lower] life on My account will find it [the higher life].
Matthew 10:39 [AMP]

My desire Lord is for people to see You in me..may I reflect your love and grace and mercy..may I be more like You Lord everyday with a heart of compassion ..You are the reason I live and breathe.

Jesus is our example of living a life that is pleasing to the Father. He went about doing good, healing all those who were oppressed by the devil. When Jesus walked the shores of Galilee He was the light of the world. Today you are that light shining forth in a crooked and perverse generation. Never repay anyone with evil for evil, but always aim to show kindness and seek to do good to one another and to everybody.

See that none of you repays another with evil for evil, but always aim to show kindness and seek to do good to one another and to everybody.
1 Thessalonians 5:15 [AMP]

Father, I will look for occasions to bring healing, to strengthen and bless others. I purpose to do good every time it is possible. I will not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of my hand to do so. If my enemy is hungry, I will feed him; if he is thirsty, I will give him a drink. In the name of Jesus, I will overcome evil with good. Amen.

Withhold not good from those to whom it is due [its rightful owners], when it is in the power of your hand to do it.
Proverbs 3:27 [AMP]

Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.
Romans 12:20-21 [MESSAGE]

Father, in the name of Jesus, I shall go to all to whom You send me, and whatever You command me, I shall speak. I will not be afraid of their faces, for You are with me to deliver me. Whenever I feel afraid, I will trust in You. I will praise Your Word, in You I have put my trust; I will not fear, what can man do to me? You have spoken, and my faith is in You. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Amen.

6Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am only a youth.
7But the Lord said to me, Say not, I am only a youth; for you shall go to all to whom I shall send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8Be not afraid of them [their faces], for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.
Jeremiah 1:6-8 [AMP]



3What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You.
4By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?
Psalm 56:3-4 [AMP]



I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
Philippians 4:13 [AMP]


Overcoming Fear of Rejection
by Judy Ann

Father, even though others may reject me, I am totally accepted by You. Once I was alienated from You, my God, and I was an enemy in my mind because of my evil behavior. But now You have reconciled me by Christ's physical body through death to present me holy...without blemish and free from accusation. You are awesome and altogether lovely. In the name of Jesus, I resist the temptation to receive the rejection of others by remembering that You have accepted and approved of me. Amen.


Prayer for the Nations
by Judy Ann

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.... There is a river whose streams shall make glad the people of God. God is in our midst and we shall not be moved; God will help us. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. We proclaim that God will be exalted among the nations; He will be exalted in the earth. In Jesus name. Amen

1GOD IS our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains be shaken into the midst of the seas,
3Though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling and tumult. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
4There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.
5God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early [at the dawn of the morning].
6The nations raged, the kingdoms tottered and were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
7The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our Fortress and High Tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
8Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth.
9He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire.
10Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
11The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 46 [AMP]


A Call to PRAY for Japan
by Germaine, Word Ministries Inc.

We are asking everyone to take a minute of your time and say a prayer for the Japanese people. Pray for God to give them the wisdom that they need to bring the reactor under control. Remember the words of Jesus:

No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends.
John 15:13 [AMP]

Pray for a great spiritual awaking in Japan releasing the wave of the Holy Spirit to flow across this Nation. Also, pray for those who are there on the ground laying down their lives for their friends. There is power in the Scriptural prayer of agreement.


Peace of Jerusalem
by Judy Ann


Father, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Thank You for bringing the people of Israel into unity with each other and for bringing Your Church into oneness – one new man. I thank You for the peace treaties with Israel’s former enemies, and ask You to give them wisdom as they work out present peace treaties. Use these pacts for good to make way for the good news of the Gospel as we prepare for the coming of our Messiah. Amen

6-9 Pray for Jerusalem's peace!
       Prosperity to all you Jerusalem-lovers!
    Friendly insiders, get along!
       Hostile outsiders, keep your distance!
    For the sake of my family and friends,
       I say it again: live in peace!
    For the sake of the house of our God, God,
       I'll do my very best for you.
Psalm 122:6-9 [MESSAGE]



14-15 The Messiah has made things up between us so that we're now together on this, both non-Jewish outsiders and Jewish insiders. He tore down the wall we used to keep each other at a distance. He repealed the law code that had become so clogged with fine print and footnotes that it hindered more than it helped. Then he started over. Instead of continuing with two groups of people separated by centuries of animosity and suspicion, he created a new kind of human being, a fresh start for everybody.
Ephesians 2:14-15 [MESSAGE]

My desire Lord is for people to see You in me..may I reflect your love and grace and mercy..may I be more like You Lord everyday with a heart of compassion ..You are the reason I live and breathe.

No comments: