Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord

One of the most popular search items on the internet is some variation of casting your cares upon the Lord.

Apparently, a lot of people are having severe troubles in their lives and are looking for a way to get relief from those problems.  They could be dealing with:
  • Financial problems
  • Fear of terrorist attacks
  • Unemployment
  • Bad relationships
If you are seeking in this area, know that the answer is as close as your Bible.

St. Peter tells us, in his first epistle:


6Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
7Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
1 Peter 5:6-8 [AMP]


Whatever is bothering you... whatever is taking your sleep away... whatever is driving your blood pressure upwards... whatever seems an insurmountable obstacle... just humble yourself under God’s mighty hand.

You can’t handle it yourself... so why even deceive yourself by thinking that you are big and bad and tough enough to handle it?  Just take it to the throne of Almighty God (who loves you more than you could ever comprehend) and let Him deal with it... and then keep your eyes open so that satan can’t harm you.




By the way, you can listen to the original Cast Your Cares Upon the Lord podcast using the audio control below:



Germaine Copeland of Word Ministries wrote the following:

The human body and central nervous system cannot tolerate the burden of worry, fretting, and anxiety. This type of burden causes a chemical imbalance in your DNA and interferes with the production of necessary hormones for physical, mental and emotional health. Worry is probably the major cause of sickness. The Holy Spirit taught me to cast all my burdens on the Lord during a crucial time in my life. I chose not to worry and declared that God cared for me and my household. The Holy Spirit taught me how to take off my cares and lay them on the Lord. I approached God boldly in prayer and read His Word aloud to myself until worry subsided. Today I teach classes on Overcoming Worry, but find that some Christians are determined to worry and have their anxiety attacks. The choice is yours. You can lug around the worries and cares or you can talk to the Lord about any situation whether it is financial, marriage relationship, the death of a loved one, or children gone astray. Choose to cast the care of any circumstance that is causing you to worry over on the Lord because He cares for you.

That about says it all, doesn’t it? Worry makes you sick. Worry makes you physically weak. Worry makes you spiritually weak. Worry is like faith in reverse... rather than believing God for the victory, you are believing your problems for defeat. How about making a decision to exorcise worry from your life, once and for all?

Have you ever said, “That person gets on my nerves” or possibly had someone say that about you? Well… if people are getting on your nerves, don’t worry. Judypie has a meditation to deal with that too! Just pray this prayer:

To you, O Lord, I pray. My enemies will not triumph over me, and I will never be disgraced for trusting you. Show me the path where I should go, point out the right road for me to walk. Lead and teach me for you are the God who gives me salvation. Thank you for seeing me through eyes of everlasting love and kindness. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 25
A Psalm of David


1-2 My head is high, God, held high; I'm looking to you, God;
No hangdog skulking for me.

3 I've thrown in my lot with you;
You won't embarrass me, will you?
Or let my enemies get the best of me?
Don't embarrass any of us
Who went out on a limb for you.
It's the traitors who should be humiliated.

4 Show me how you work, God;
School me in your ways.

5 Take me by the hand;
Lead me down the path of truth.
You are my Savior, aren't you?

6 Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God;
Rebuild the ancient landmarks!

7 Forget that I sowed wild oats;
Mark me with your sign of love.
Plan only the best for me, God!

8 God is fair and just;
He corrects the misdirected,
Sends them in the right direction.

9 He gives the rejects his hand,
And leads them step-by-step.

10 From now on every road you travel
Will take you to God.
Follow the Covenant signs;
Read the charted directions.

11 Keep up your reputation, God;
Forgive my bad life;
It's been a very bad life.

12 My question: What are God-worshipers like?
Your answer: Arrows aimed at God's bull's-eye.

13 They settle down in a promising place;
Their kids inherit a prosperous farm.

14 God-friendship is for God-worshipers;
They are the ones he confides in.

15 If I keep my eyes on God,
I won't trip over my own feet.

16 Look at me and help me!
I'm all alone and in big trouble.

17 My heart and kidneys are fighting each other;
Call a truce to this civil war.

18 Take a hard look at my life of hard labor,
Then lift this ton of sin.

19 Do you see how many people
Have it in for me?
How viciously they hate me?

20 Keep watch over me and keep me out of trouble;
Don't let me down when I run to you.

21 Use all your skill to put me together;
I wait to see your finished product.

22 God, give your people a break
From this run of bad luck.
Psalm 25 [MESSAGE]


Fear is a Killer

We listen to Pastor Gregory Dickow each week and are impressed by his 40 day fast from wrong thinking. It has nothing to do with not eating... but it has a lot to do with not worrying! Free your mind... and the rest will follow!

With the economy in the worst condition since the 1930’s, people have been killing themselves. Even worst, and as a first, some have murdered their spouse and children before taking their own life. Why? Because of fear of the consequences of the economic downturn. Hey folks, fear is a killer! Jesus Himself said so:


Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the [very] powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter.
Luke 21:26 [AMP]


Although it is one thing for people to be so afraid that they faint or drop dead... it is another to take a gun, knife, or bottle of pills and do the job yourself.

Or, even worse... to do harm to innocent family members. The sad truth is that satan is trying to draw souls into hell by causing them to deny the salvation freely offered by Jesus and choosing to handle their problems themselves.

If you have a friend or a family member who is going through some difficulty because of the pressures of this life and the world system that is turning upside down on itself, you can help by having them slam some of the word of God into their iPod or MP3 player.

Suicide is not the answer... it only opens the door for problems your loved ones will spend their lives dealing with... and if you don’t know Christ as your Savior, you will have an eternity to deal with it!

Wisdom from Judypie


Do you know the reason we are stressed? Because we think our needs are not going to be met. We say, “Oh my goodness, I'm not going to have what I need!” Jesus tells us not to worry about what you are going to eat. And don’t worry about what you are going to wear. He’s saying only one thing is important — His righteousness. These things don't even take significance until your deepest needs are met. You are to find your satisfaction in Him. If you don't find your satisfaction in Him, you're going to be stressed. Are you stressed out about something today? Turn it over to Jesus and turn your focus to Him. Let Jesus meet your needs and transform your heart today. (Adrian Rogers)

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and green and tomorrow is tossed into the furnace, will He not much more surely clothe you, O you of little faith?
Matthew 6:30 [AMP]

“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”-
Psalm 46:10

Father, You are leading me on paths I do not know, past all my fantasies, hopes, doubts and fear. When I go through deep waters and great trouble, You will be with me. When I go through rivers of difficulty, I will not drown! When I walk through the fire of oppression, I will not be burned up -- the flames will not consume me. Even though I walk through the shadow of death I will fear no evil. You lead me in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. In the name of Jesus I will rejoice in You and be glad. Amen.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.
Isaiah 43:2 [AMP]

1 THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
Psalm 23 [AMP]

Father, in the name of Jesus, I clothe myself with humility [as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from me]. I repent and renounce pride and arrogance. Father, You give grace to the humble. Therefore I humble myself under Your mighty hand, that in due time you may exalt me. Amen.

6 But He gives us more and more grace (power of the Holy Spirit, to meet this evil tendency and all others fully). That is why He says, God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but gives grace [continually] to the lowly (those who are humble enough to receive it).
7 So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.
James 4:6-7 [AMP]


34 Though He scoffs at the scoffers and scorns the scorners, yet He gives His undeserved favor to the low [in rank], the humble, and the afflicted.
35 The wise shall inherit glory (all honor and good) but shame is the highest rank conferred on [self-confident] fools.
Proverbs 3:34-35 [AMP]

Are you worried, anxious about anything? I encourage you to pray this prayer aloud:

In the name of Jesus, I cast the whole of my care [all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns for my future, my family, once and for all] on You, for You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. Amen!

5 Likewise, you who are younger and of lesser rank, be subject to the elders (the ministers and spiritual guides of the church)--[giving them due respect and yielding to their counsel]. Clothe (apron) yourselves, all of you, with humility [as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from you, with freedom from pride and arrogance] toward one another. For God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful)--[and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble.
6 Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
1st Peter 5:5-7 [AMP]

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
Philippians 4:6 [AMP]

No comments: