Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wisdom from Judypie

Where Can You Go?

When Adam sinned he moved from Eden, the garden of light, into spiritual darkness. He was estranged from his Maker. There was no way for him to find his way back. Fear controlled him as he tried to make it on his own. He had no hope, and was in the world without God. BUT GOD! God had a plan to bring his children back to Himself; He sent Jesus to take away the sins of the world. Jesus is the Way to the Father, and you can be reconciled to God. You can choose salvation and become the righteousness of God in Christ. In Him you become a brand new creation; old things pass away and behold all things become new! Where there was fear, now there is faith – faith in an awesome God whose plan for man’s salvation is available to all who will call upon the name of the Lord. Where can you go but to the Lord!

Lord, you are my shield, my glory, and my only hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame. I cried out to the Lord, and He heard me from His Holy Temple. Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me. And now, although ten thousand enemies surround me on every side, I am not afraid. Salvation comes from God. Jesus is my Lord! What joys He gives to all his people. Amen
 3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
      you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
 4 I cried out to the Lord,
      and he answered me from his holy mountain.
                         Interlude
 5 I lay down and slept,
      yet I woke up in safety,
      for the Lord was watching over me.
 6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
      who surround me on every side.
 7 Arise, O Lord!
      Rescue me, my God!
   Slap all my enemies in the face!
      Shatter the teeth of the wicked!
 8 Victory comes from you, O Lord.
      May you bless your people.
                         Interlude
Psalm 3:3-8 [NLT]

Affirmation of Confidence

Lord, You are my confidence and will keep my foot from being caught in a trap or hidden danger. I have returned to you and waited for you and I am saved; in quietness and confidence is my strength. In Christ and through faith in him I approach God with freedom and confidence, and I will not throw away my confidence; it will be richly rewarded in the name of Jesus. Amen
 26 for the LORD will be your confidence
       and will keep your foot from being snared.
Proverbs 3:26 [NIV]
 15 This is what the Sovereign Lord,
      the Holy One of Israel, says:
   “Only in returning to me
      and resting in me will you be saved.
   In quietness and confidence is your strength.
      But you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30:15 [NLT]
12In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Ephesians 3:12 [NIV]
 35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
Hebrews 10:35 [NIV]

Power of Words

O LORD, set a guard over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth. Your words are spirit and life, and I pray that the Word of God may dwell richly in me with all wisdom. Then my words will be seasoned with grace, and my tongue will keep me from calamity, in the name of Jesus. Amen
Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth; keep watch at the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:3 [AMP]
It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that makes him unclean and defiled, but what comes out of the mouth; this makes a man unclean and defiles [him].
Matthew 15:11 [AMP]
Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.
Ephesians 4:29 [AMP]
He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles.
Proverbs 21:23 [AMP]

God Directs Your Steps

O Lord, I know it is not within my power to map my life and plan my course. I commit my future plans to you – my education, whether I marry or remain single, my career, and my ministry. When I make a decision contrary to your will, correct me with justice, and lead me in paths of righteousness for your name’s sake. Thank you, Lord for directing my steps. Just as a mother and father are thrilled when their children take their first steps, You delight in each step I take. When I walk, my steps will not be hampered; when I run, I will not stumble in the name of Jesus. Amen
 9 In his heart a man plans his course,
       but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9 [NIV]
Jeremiah’s Prayer
 23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
      We are not able to plan our own course.
Jeremiah 10:23 [NLT]
 23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
      He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 37:23 [NLT]
 12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
       when you run, you will not stumble.
Proverbs 4:12 [NIV]

The Abundant Life

Heavenly Father, I pray that the joy of Jesus may be made full and complete and perfect in me, and that I may experience His delight and gladness fulfilled in me; His enjoyment perfected in my own soul. Jesus, you are my source of eternal salvation. Thank You for coming that I might have life, and have it more abundantly – have it to the full until it overflows. I receive the power of God that works through me. I rid myself of negative thoughts, and in simple humility, let my Gardener landscape me with the Word, making a salvation-garden of my life. I am united with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant to the glory of the Father. Amen
9and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
Hebrews 5:9 [NIV]
 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10 [KJV]
Act on What You Hear
 19-21Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.
James 1:19-21 [Message]
 5-8"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.
John 15:5-8 [Message]

Jesus Says to YOU...

“Let your heart notice the one who has no Shepherd. The one who has not felt My touch.”

No comments: