* Will it happen? Should it? Lt.-Gen. (ret). Boykin, Israeli Vice PM Yaalon and I will discuss implications during conference
By Joel C. Rosenberg
(Philadelphia, PA, June 24, 2010) -- An intriguing new survey of international public opinion indicates deep concern over the mullahs in Iran obtaining nuclear weapons, and strong support for preemptive military action to stop Tehran from getting the Bomb. According to the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes Project 2010....
- In 16 of the 22 states included in the survey, people who were polled said they would support preemptive military strikes against Iran to prevent the mullahs from obtaining nuclear weapons compared to avoiding a military conflict with Iran, even if that means allowing the mullahs to have nuclear weapons.
- In the U.S., 66% support a military strike on Iran, compared to 24% who object.
- In France, 59% support a military strike, compared to 41% who object.
- In Germany, 51% support a military strike, compared to 39% who object.
- In Great Britain, 48% support a military strike, compared to 37% who object.
- In Egypt, 55% support a military strike, compared to 16% who object.
- In Jordan, 53% support a military strike, compared to 20% who object.
- In Lebanon 44% support a military strike, compared to 37% who object.
- In Brazil, 53% support a military strike, compared to 33% who object.
- However, in Turkey, only 29% support a military strike, compared 37% who object and would allow Iran to get nuclear weapons.
LEARN: To track the latest news and trends from Israel and the epicenter on Joel’s weblog (http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com), please click here
PRAY: Sign up for Joel’s email alerts and receive the latest news and analysis from the Mideast, Joshua Fund project updates and prayer requests.
GIVE: Help The Joshua Fund stock the new warehouse and bless the poor and needy in Israel and among her neighbors. Please make a tax-deductible donation of $50, $100, $250 or a monthly commitment by clicking here and visiting our new website, www.joshuafund.net.
GO: Join Joel’s "Epicenter Team" on Facebook.
GO: To learn more about -- and/or register for -- the 2010 Epicenter Conference in Philadelphia on June 25-26, please click here (www.epicenterconference.com)