ISRAELI RABBIS SAY CURRENT EVENTS COULD LEAD TO “WAR OF GOG AND MAGOG”
By Joel C. Rosenberg
(Washington, D.C., June 3, 2010) -- A pastor friend of mine who is helping us set up the 2010 Epicenter Conference in Philadelphia later this month just sent me an urgent text message with this headline from Israel National News:
“RABBIS: FLOTILLA CLASH SIMILAR TO GOG AND MAGOG PROPHESY.”
As you might expect, it caught my attention right away.
- The Rabbinical Council of Judea and Samaria issued a statement Thursday in which it said that the results of the incident in which Israel intercepted a flotilla trying to break the naval blockade of Gaza seem like the Biblical description of the beginning of the Gog and Magog process where the world is against us, but which ends with the third and final redemption….
- The Council was formed by Rabbi Zalman Melamed of Beit El and includes leading religious Zionist rabbis who are the spiritual leaders of communities in Judea and Samaria….
- “Gog and Magog” is a reference is to chapters 38 and 39 in the book of Ezekiel, a part of which is read on the intermediate Sabbath of Sukkot (Tabernacles). These chapters describe a vision of a war where the world is united against Israel that will precede the final redemption of Israel and the world. The prophecy’s symbolism involves a prince called Gog of Magog, leader of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, who leads a coalition that includes Persia (Iran), Cush, Phut, Gomer, and Beit Togarmah against Israel. There are various opinions regarding the modern identity of these nations.
The mention of “Gomer” in Ezekiel, for example, refers to the modern-day State of Turkey which will be an enemy of Israel and part of a Russian-Iranian alliance against the Jewish state. I’m not saying the prophecy will necessarily come to pass soon, but I can’t rule out that possibility.
We’ve never seen a convergence of geopolitical and spiritual events so consistent with Ezekiel 38-39 in history like we are seeing today. We need to be prayerful, sober, alert and prepared.
At the conference on June 25-26 in Philly, I will address the latest developments. But I knew you’d want to see this article.
It’s posted on my weblog -- http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com.
2010 EPICENTER CONFERENCE UPDATE
- Over 1,300 people registered
- Over 700 radio stations and several TV networks will be broadcasting portions of the conference
- Just 24 days left to register to attend or to show the webcast to your congregation
PRAY: Sign up for Joel’s email alerts and receive the latest news and analysis from the Mideast, Joshua Fund project updates and prayer requests.
GIVE: Help The Joshua Fund stock the new warehouse and bless the poor and needy in Israel and among her neighbors. Please make a tax-deductible donation of $50, $100, $250 or a monthly commitment by clicking here and visiting our new website, www.joshuafund.net.
GO: Join Joel’s “Epicenter Team” on Facebook.
GO: To learn more about -- and/or register for -- the 2010 Epicenter Conference in Philadelphia on June 25-26, please click here (www.epicenterconference.com)