Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meditations from Judypie

Abundant Life

Do you know the character of God? Do you know that He is a good God, and that good and perfect things come from Him? I have heard people blame Him for everything good, bad and indifferent. He sent Jesus to give you Life--Life more Abundant till it overflows. God isn't in the business of killing, stealing and destroying, He is in the business of blessing His children with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus!
Father God, thank You for sending Your son Jesus Christ that I might have life and have it to the full till it overflows. I receive Your abundant life this day, accepting it in overflowing proportions. Freely I have received; freely I give, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
John 10:10 [AMP]

A Teachable Spirit

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness. Amen.
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I will keep it to the end [steadfastly].
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart.
35 Make me go in the path of Your commandments, for in them do I delight.
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to covetousness (robbery, sensuality, unworthy riches).
37 Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity (idols and idolatry); and restore me to vigorous life and health in Your ways.
38 Establish Your word and confirm Your promise to Your servant, which is for those who reverently fear and devotedly worship You.
39 Turn away my reproach which I fear and dread, for Your ordinances are good.
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me renewed life.
Psalm 119:33-40 [AMP]

Approved by God

Heavenly Father, You knit me together in my mother’s womb, knew me, and approved of me even before I was born. Wonderful are Your works, and I hold fast to this knowledge. I will not keep silent, but bring the Good News of relief and deliverance to others who do not know You. I was born for such a time as this to fulfill my destiny in the Kingdom of God. I take my place, a member of the Body of Christ. Thank You for loving me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah 1:5 [AMP]
13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16 [AMP]
For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise for the Jews from elsewhere, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion?
Esther 4:14 [AMP]

Praise The Lord!!!

I heard about a man who got a little excited in church and kept shouting, “Praise the Lord!” One day, some of the brethren called on him while he was plowing his fields. When they were finished talking, he hung his head and said, “I know it’s the truth. I have disturbed the services, but you know, I sit there and think what the Lord has done for me, how He died in agony and blood for me upon the cross, how He’s forgiven all of my sins, how He’s filled me with the Spirit, and – here, hold this mule while I shout!” If being a Christian and going to heaven doesn't excite you, then you have calluses on your soul. It’s exciting to know the Lord Jesus Christ!

When was the last time you raised your hands and shouted “Praise the Lord!” Maybe right now is a good time!
Revelation 7:12 - “Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever.”
Adrian Rogers

No comments: