Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

To the glory of the Father I welcome you, Holy Spirit. I'm so grateful that You are my Helper as I prepare for the New Year.  I humble myself before You asking for Divine Guidance.

In Jesus’ name I commit myself anew to Your plans and purposes, that I might run the full race completing the destiny to which You have called me.  I trust in You, Lord, I put my full confidence in You and Your word, and delight myself in You.

Father-God, as I reverently fear you and keep Your commandments to walk in love, be glorified in my life throughout the coming year as never before, in Jesus name.  Amen.

3 Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed.

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:3-5 [AMP]

So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].
Isaiah 26:4 [AMP]

Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].
James 4:10 [AMP]

All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God's providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 [AMP]

35 And one of their number, a lawyer, asked Him a question to test Him.

36 Teacher, which kind of commandment is great and important (the principal kind) in the Law? [Some commandments are light--which are heavy?]

37 And He replied to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect).

38 This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment.

39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.

40 These two commandments sum up and upon them depend all the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 22:35-40 [AMP]

No comments: