Sunday, July 19, 2009

Judypie’s Seeds to Success

Planting Seeds of Righteousness

Holy Spirit, help me plant the good seeds of righteousness. I expect to reap a crop of peace and love. I plow up the hard ground of my heart for now is the time to seek the Lord. Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth. I am a peacemaker planting seeds of peace and I will reap a harvest of goodness in the name of Jesus. Amen.

I said, ‘Plant the good seeds of righteousness,
and you will harvest a crop of love.
Plow up the hard ground of your hearts,
for now is the time to seek the Lord,
that he may come
and shower righteousness upon you.’

Hosea 10:12 [NLT]

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.

Psalm 26:2-3 [NKJV]

And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:18 [NLT]

All is Well

Jesus is Lord, and everything is all right! Your plan is to prosper me and not to harm me. Your plan is to give me hope and a future. Thank You for listening to me when I call upon You, when I am praying to You. I love You because You first loved me. And I know that in all things, Father-God, You work for my good because I choose to love You. I have been called according to Your purpose. Even in the face of adversity I declare, “All is well.” Amen!

Run to meet her and say, Is it well with you? Well with your husband? Well with the child? And she answered, It is well.

2nd Kings 4:26 [AMP]

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

Jeremiah 29:11-13 [NIV]

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28 [NIV]

I Run to Win

Father, I thank You for all the pioneers who blazed the way, all the veterans cheering me on. I will never quit! I lay aside every weight and every sin that would hinder me. I fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. I am running to win. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Amen!

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Hebrews 12:1–3 [Message]

You’ve all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally.

1st Corinthians 9:24-25 [Message]

I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

Philippians 3:13-14 [AMP]

Success

Lord, the plans of the mind and orderly thinking belong to me, but from You comes the [wise] answer of the tongue. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but You, Lord, weigh the spirits (the thoughts and intents of the heart). I roll my works upon You [commit and trust them wholly to You; You will cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will, and] so shall my plans be established and succeed. In the name of Jesus I thank You for directing my paths. Amen!

1 THE PLANS of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but from the Lord comes the [wise] answer of the tongue.

2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirits (the thoughts and intents of the heart).

3 Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

4 The Lord has made everything [to accommodate itself and contribute] to its own end and His own purpose--even the wicked [are fitted for their role] for the day of calamity and evil.

5 Everyone proud and arrogant in heart is disgusting, hateful, and exceedingly offensive to the Lord; be assured [I pledge it] they will not go unpunished.

6 By mercy and love, truth and fidelity [to God and man--not by sacrificial offerings], iniquity is purged out of the heart, and by the reverent, worshipful fear of the Lord men depart from and avoid evil.

7 When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

8 Better is a little with righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation and right standing with God) than great revenues with injustice.

9 A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.

10 Divinely directed decisions are on the lips of the king; his mouth should not transgress in judgment.

11 A just balance and scales are the Lord’s; all the weights of the bag are His work [established on His eternal principles].

12 It is an abomination [to God and men] for kings to commit wickedness, for a throne is established and made secure by righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation).

13 Right and just lips are the delight of a king, and he loves him who speaks what is right.

14 The wrath of a king is as messengers of death, but a wise man will pacify it.

15 In the light of the king’s countenance is life, and his favor is as a cloud bringing the spring rain.

16 How much better it is to get skillful and godly Wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

17 The highway of the upright turns aside from evil; he who guards his way preserves his life.

18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

19 Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the meek and poor than to divide the spoil with the proud.

20 He who deals wisely and heeds [God’s] word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord--happy, blessed, and fortunate is he.

21 The wise in heart are called prudent, understanding, and knowing, and winsome speech increases learning [in both speaker and listener].

22 Understanding is a wellspring of life to those who have it, but to give instruction to fools is folly.

23 The mind of the wise instructs his mouth, and adds learning and persuasiveness to his lips.

24 Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body.

25 There is a way that seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.

26 The appetite of the laborer works for him, for [the need of] his mouth urges him on.

27 A worthless man devises and digs up mischief, and in his lips there is as a scorching fire.

28 A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.

29 The exceedingly grasping, covetous, and violent man entices his neighbor, leading him in a way that is not good.

30 He who shuts his eyes to devise perverse things and who compresses his lips [as if in concealment] brings evil to pass.

31 The hoary head is a crown of beauty and glory if it is found in the way of righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation).

32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, he who rules his [own] spirit than he who takes a city.

33 The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him].

Proverbs 16 [AMP]

Conclusion

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! (Joshua 24:15)

No comments: