Sunday, July 12, 2009

Judypie on Receiving God’s Blessings

If your prayers aren’t being answered, check out your love walk. Are you walking in love toward your family and your fellow man? Jesus said in John 13:34-35: Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other. One may lament, how can I love like Jesus loves? How can I love with the God kind of love? When you were born again the love of God was shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit. At first this love is streaked with selfishness and self-centeredness, but if you will read the Word, pray and meditate on God’s love for you, His love will drive fear out of doors. Fear is an entity that keeps you from loving one another, but you can risk loving others because you learn to trust in God’s love for you.

Father, I pray that I may be filled with the love of God. You are able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work within me. To You goes all the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

Ephesians 3:19-21 [AMP]

Favor

LORD, I give thanks to You for You are good! Your mercy endures forever. Who can express Your mighty acts? Who can declare all Your praise? Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people. Visit me with Your salvation in the name of Your Son, Jesus. I love You, my Lord, my Redeemer. Amen.

PRAISE THE Lord! (Hallelujah!) O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever! Who can put into words and tell the mighty deeds of the Lord? Or who can show forth all the praise [that is due Him]? Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are those who observe justice [treating others fairly] and who do right and are in right standing with God at all times. [Earnestly] remember me, O Lord, when You favor Your people! O visit me also when You deliver them, and grant me Your salvation!--

Psalm 106:1-4 [AMP]

Prosperity

Father, it is your desire that I prosper and be in health, even as my soul prospers. In the name of Jesus, I put off the old man with its wrong attitudes and behaviors, and put on the new man created in righteousness. I receive and welcome the Word that contains the power to save my soul— to root out strongholds that are contrary to the Truth. I will diligently obey the message; being a doer of the Word and not merely a listener. Thank You for helping me overcome wrong ideas about financial freedom. I will ever be humbly grateful and one with you as I experience financial success in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.

3rd John 2 [AMP]

So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls. But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].

James 1:21-22 [AMP]

Promotion

Heavenly Father, according to your Word promotion comes neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. God, you are the judge: you put down one person, and set up another. I’m content to be myself so that I will become more than myself. I choose being humble and reverent toward you, Lord, and you will make me both wise and honored in the name of Jesus. I write mercy and truth upon the tablets of my heart, and you cause me to find favor with God and with man. Thank you for my promotion that comes from the north at your bidding that I might fulfill my destiny. Amen.

For not from the east nor from the west nor from the south come promotion and lifting up. But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts up another.

Psalm 75:6-7 [AMP]

“When you’re invited to dinner, go and sit at the last place. Then when the host comes he may very well say, ‘Friend, come up to the front.’ That will give the dinner guests something to talk about! What I’m saying is, If you walk around with your nose in the air, you’re going to end up flat on your face. But if you’re content to be simply yourself, you will become more than yourself.”

Luke 14:11 [Message]

Fear of the Lord teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor.

Proverbs 15:33 [New Living Translation]

Affirmation of My Desire

My desire is to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before others or have their good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Amen

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death

Philippians 3:10 [NIV]

What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a “law man” so that I could be God’s man. Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.

Galatians 2:20 [Message]

God effectually works in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight. Choose to affirm God’s Word every day—be filled with the Holy Spirit.

God Answers Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, I come into Your presence with thanksgiving. You are the God of my salvation. You are my confidence and hope. I know that in the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart]. Thank You for answering me from Your holy heaven with the saving strength of Your right hand. For in You, O Lord, do I hope; You will answer, O Lord my God. I love You with all that is within me, and I praise Your holy name.

May He grant you according to your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans. We will [shout in] triumph at your salvation and victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.

Psalm 20:4-6 [AMP]

Joyful Praise

Holy Spirit, I ask you to perfect the fruit of my lips giving praise. Thank you for this mighty weapon of praise, which stops and stills the enemy. I am joyful in the Salvation of my Lord. I greatly rejoice in your strength, O LORD; and in your salvation! You have given me my heart’s desire, and have not withheld the request of my lips. You meet me with the blessings of goodness… You give me life and length of days. You have made me exceedingly glad with your presence. Be exalted, O LORD, in Your own strength! Amen

O LORD, our Lord, how excellent (majestic and glorious) is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory on [or above] the heavens. Out of the mouths of babes and unweaned infants You have established strength because of Your foes, that You might silence the enemy and the avenger. When I view and consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained and established, What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of [earthborn] man that You care for him? Yet You have made him but a little lower than God [or heavenly beings], and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yes, and the beasts of the field, The birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how excellent (majestic and glorious) is Your name in all the earth!

Psalm 8 [AMP]

THE KING [David] shall joy in Your strength, O Lord; and in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! You have given him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah [pause, and think of that]! For You send blessings of good things to meet him; You set a crown of pure gold on his head. He asked life of You, and You gave it to him--long life forever and evermore. His glory is great because of Your aid; splendor and majesty You bestow upon him. For You make him to be blessed and a blessing forever; You make him exceedingly glad with the joy of Your presence. For the king trusts, relies on, and is confident in the Lord, and through the mercy and steadfast love of the Most High he will never be moved. Your hand shall find all Your enemies; Your right hand shall find all those who hate You. You will make them as if in a blazing oven in the time of Your anger; the Lord will swallow them up in His wrath, and the fire will utterly consume them. Their offspring You will destroy from the earth, and their sons from among the children of men. For they planned evil against You; they conceived a mischievous plot which they are not able to perform. For You will make them turn their backs; You will aim Your bow [of divine justice] at their faces. Be exalted, Lord, in Your strength; we will sing and praise Your power.

Psalm 21 [AMP]

The Ultimate Blessing

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

Revelation 21:2-4 [New Living Translation]

No comments: