Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meditations from Judypie

Do you pray for others because you want them to change to make your life easier, or because you want God to be glorified? When you pray for others, pray for them with joy. When you pray for others you are restored to a spiritual tone of heart and mind. Probably few of us have been through as much as Job of the Old Testament. He lost everything, and was attacked physically. After many months he prayed for his friends. The Lord turned his captivity and restored his fortunes; also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. Let's pray for one another.

In the name of Jesus, I thank God for you—every time I pray. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Ephesians 1:16-23


Begin everyday with a smile, a glad heart and a happy, joyous spirit.

Father, I come before You rejoicing, for this is the day that You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. To obey is better than sacrifice, so I am making a decision to submit to Your will today, that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor and glory to You. Cause me to be spiritually and mentally alert in this time of meditation and prayer, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Psalm 118:24; 1st Samuel 15:22; Colossians 4:2


Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing the work of my hands. I can walk confidently fulfilling my destiny because You love, accept and approve of me. I am strong even though I feel weak, and my works shall be rewarded. I am steadfast, never giving up in the face of adversity. Because I am Your child and a partaker of Your divine nature, I will stand firm until Your will prevails and Satan’s plans have been demolished. In the name of Jesus, I affirm Your love for me. Amen

Scripture Meditation: Deuteronomy 28:12; 2nd Chronicles 15:7; Ephesians 6:13-14


Praise God! Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory? Jesus, I know that my Redeemer lives -- you are risen from the dead, and I am risen with you. I set my heart on things above, where you are seated at the right hand of God. Thank you Jesus! I have this assurance that even as you were taken up from among us to heaven you will come back in the same way you left. When you appear I shall be like you -- awesome! Hallelujah! Jesus is Lord!

Scripture Meditation: 1st Corinthians 15; Colossians 2:12; 3:1; Acts 1:11


“I came to the world to be a Light. Anyone who puts his trust in Me will not be in darkness”

John 12:46 (NLV)


You can turn fear out by declaring your faith in God's Word. Praying aloud will stop the tormenting thoughts. Believe God; He is faithful, and He watches over His word to perform it.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank you for delivering me from the fear of death. You are with me; I will not be afraid. You are my God, and I will not be dismayed. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Hebrews 2:14-15; Isaiah 41:10; Romans 8:15; Psalm 34:4

No comments: