Friday, July 11, 2008

Starvation Diet

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
(Matthew 5:6)

“But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”
(Hebrews 5:14)

“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth...”
(Colossians 3:5)



i’ve been starving the sprit… i was fasting the wrong man…
i gave place to the devil… opened up to the strong man

Was an ignorant fool, and didn’t yield to the Spirit
closed my ears to His word, and i tried hard not to hear it

Got so fat in my flesh, I was in danger of dying
then i heard an alarm (say) “Boy, you gonna be frying”

So i cried out to Jesus and i turned from my sin
like a baby, i’ve stumbled since i’ve been born again

But now, i fast the flesh no more starving the spirit
listen close to His word and i always will hear it

Gonna be a true victor in this war against sin
No more fasting my spirit Dedicate it to Him

No more fasting the spirit no more starving the new man
gonna be like my Jesus crucifying the old man

gonna be like my Jesus crucifying the old man

gonna be like my Jesus crucifying the old man

now dead to sin, I’m outta here...

No comments: