Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

“So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.”
(Luke 14:33)


One year ago
i wanted to be known
For all my talents and my gifts

to be recognized and praised
by the people

and receive the fruits
sown by my flesh


That was oh, so long ago
an eternity it seems

Now that Jesus is true Lord
i gave away my dreams

Oh, yes

all my dreams just fade away like dust
in the light of
true commitment to the God i trust


One year ago
i wanted to be lord
over my life and wear a crown

and give God a little place
in the corner

where I’d visit Him
from time to time


That was not so long ago
only yesterday, it seems

But today i serve the Lord
submit to Him, my King

Oh, yes

all my dreams just fade away like dust
(in the light of)
true commitment to the God i trust

No comments: