Friday, July 27, 2007

A Prayer for Grace

Father I come before your throne of grace in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus. First I want thank you again for your grace that you have poured out upon us through your Son that all who believe may be saved.

It was once said to me by one of my “myspace” friends, (I believe I remember her name is Dawnie), that “truth without mercy is hope out of reach.” She also stated that, “truth and mercy together is grace.” My request then Father is that you supply mercy with your truth that you have taught us that our hope may be strong in you and your grace may be in abundance toward us. Thus Father I come asking for grace in the time of need.

I do not come to you asking you for these favors as if you are my personal servant, but I come as your servant knowing that you are my Lord, Master, Teacher, King and Father---the source of all our needs. You and you alone can fulfill all our hopes, our dreams and aspirations. You are the source of all that we are and can ever hope to be.

By your love and mercy you have called us as your children. We were a people of unclean lips and polluted minds. You have cleansed us by your blood; you have purified and made us righteous as you are righteous. You have taught us your word---your word is truth---and you have given us a ministry of reconciliation; now I humbly request that you strengthen us Lord to do your will. Give us health, make us strong in body and spirit, supply us with all we need and give us directions that we might walk in the light of divine faith and not as blind men stumbling in the dark. Continue to fill us with your Holy Spirit that we might have power to perform mighty miracles, to set the captives free from the grasp of the evil on, to heal the sick and cause the blind to see, and yes—even raise the dead in you name that you might be glorified in the earth. Make us to be the church of your word, “a pillow and support of truth.” May we, by your power and authority, bring forth your kingdom in all the earth that it may be as it is in heaven.

I love you my Lord with all my heart and I ask that you continue to pour out your love into my heart that I will love my fellowman as you have loved me. I thank you Father for hearing me and I praise and honor you. I look forward, with a great hope in you, for the manifestation of this request. And I summit this prayer on behalf of all who say amen.

Amen


No comments: