By Joel C. Rosenberg
(Dallas-Ft.Worth, TX, November 3, 2010) -- As I prepare to speak at church events this week in Texas, I am deeply saddened by tragic events in the epicenter. My colleagues and I are calling on followers of Jesus Christ around the world to pray urgently for our brothers and sisters in the Middle East.
In recent days, churches in Israel and Iraq have been attacked by terrorists.
- The seige of a church in Baghdad by radical Islamic terrorists leaving at least 58 dead and 67 injured received significant international media coverage. The New York Times called it “the worst massacre of Iraqi Christians since the war began here in 2003.”
- But the firebombing of an Arab Christian church in Jerusalem has received almost no media coverage. On The Joshua Fund website (www.joshuafund.net), we have an exclusive report from the pastor of the church in Jerusalem that was attacked.
Clearly, our brothers and sisters in both places need us to intercede on their behalf, and to mobilize others believers to pray for them and to stand with them in their time of need. This is a key mission of The Joshua Fund, mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3. Please join with us in prayer at this critical moment. And please urge other Christians you know to pray as well.
In the meantime, please keep praying for:
- Gilad Shalit, the IDF soldier being held hostage by Hamas in Gaza
- Prime Minister Netanyahu as he comes to the U.S. for meetings with Jewish leaders this weekend
- The conviction of Jack Teitel, the Jewish terrorist who allegedly tried to kill an Israeli pastor and his family in March 2008, among many of his other Jewish and Arab targets. The trial has been delayed for several reasons. Please pray the trial happens and is successful.
- Other prayer requests are on The Joshua Fund website.
Thanks and God bless you.
For more details, and the latest headlines from the Middle East, please go to Joel Rosenberg’s blog -- http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/