Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mouth Medicine from “Jesus Lover Judy”

In last week’s blog, we updated our study on how we often use our mouths to speak words that bring pain to others. That is not the way that we want to live.

We have asked God to give us some medicine from the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  We received wisdom from Jesus Lover Judy (Judypie) that helps us to remember to watch what we say.

Check out these Meditations from Judypie.  We hope this medicine will help you during the upcoming week to use your mouth in ways that please and glorify God...


Word In Due Season... The Effect Of Your Words

Ecclesiastes 10:20 reads:

“Curse not the king, no, not even in your thoughts, and curse not the rich in your bedchamber, for a bird of the air will carry the voice, and a winged creature will tell the matter.”

This powerful scripture warns us of the danger of gossip, tale bearing and backbiting.

Speaking such things in private to even one person is still damaging. Not only have we slandered an individual to another, but WORDS have been spoken out into the atmosphere that have continuing affect in the spiritual realm.




Gossip is a big problem among God’s children, and it should not be so. Tale bearing, gossip, slander, and backbiting cause strife and division, which is the devil’s goal. Jesus’ words are spirit and life. Learning to say only what He would say, we would speak forth life - to the listener, to the person being discussed, and to ourselves.

Too often, we speak What the devil would say - death to everyone concerned. I believe that “unscriptural speaking” causes depression and sickness.

Remember words spoken into the atmosphere can cause trouble also - not just words spoken to someone. Order your conversation so that your words Minister life. Your reward will be more joy and better health.

LET GOD USE YOUR MOUTH - NOT THE DEVIL.

Fruit of My Lips


Lord, by Your Holy Spirit perfect the fruit of my lips. Help me draw thanksgiving forth from my innermost resources; reach down into the most secret places of my heart that I may offer significant thanksgiving to You in the name of Jesus. Amen

Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.
Hebrews 13:15 [AMP]


Sing a New Song


Out of your innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

This water is for your healing and the healing of those within your realm of influence. This living water will wash away thoughts that would limit your spiritual and emotional growth and your possibilities.

What are you speaking; what are you singing? Are you singing songs of self-pity, gloom and doom or songs of joy, peace and love? The choice is yours. Speak out to others in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with your voice and making melody with all your heart to the Lord (Ephesians 5:19).

You begin by loving the Lord your God. Choose to be joyful in him and be in high spirits.

If you are feeling down, if circumstances are holding you in depression, if you are in the midst of a trial... choose to sing a new song to the Lord, and your feelings will be lifted, and you can go on your way holding your head high because the joy of the Lord is your strength.

As Reverend M. Sylvia Ball shared in her Powerhouse blog entry, praise goes before victory!




Heavenly Father, today I am singing a new song.

Yesterday with its victories and failures has passed away, and behold on this day all things have become new.

I look forward to all things that You send my way -- a new sunrise, new friends, relationships, assignments, responsibilities, blessings, and new opportunities to be a blessing to someone today. I release the past, and will not judge by the former thought patterns and attitudes.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your goodness to me. The earth is full of God’s unfailing love. Amen



9Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise from the end of the earth! You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, the islands and coastal regions and the inhabitants of them [sing a song such as has never been heard in the heathen world]!
Isaiah 42:9-10 [AMP]

Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes,
   who are deaf, yet have ears!
9 All the nations gather together,
   and the peoples assemble.
Who among them can declare this,
   and show us the former things?
Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right,
   and let them hear and say, It is true.
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
   “and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
   and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
   nor shall there be any after me.”
Isaiah 43:18-10 [ESV]

He loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
Psalm 33:5 [ESV]


Good Medicine


Heavenly Father, because you have turned my captivity and have done great things for me, my mouth is filled with laughter and my tongue with singing.

Joy floods my being, and rejoicing covers my lips!

The dark clouds of oppression are replaced with your goodness and its beauty, Father.

The cheerfulness of my heart is as medicine to my spirit, soul and body.

It is well with me because I am yours and you are mine. Your banner over me is love.

In the name of Jesus, I rejoice. Amen.



He will yet fill your mouth with laughter [Job] and your lips with joyful shouting.
Job 8:21 [AMP]

For how great is God's goodness and how great is His beauty! And how great [He will make Israel's] goodliness and [Israel's] beauty! Grain shall make the young men thrive and fresh wine the maidens.
Zechariah 9:17 [AMP]

A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 [AMP]

I am my beloved's [garden] and my beloved is mine! He feeds among the lilies [which grow there].
Song of Solomon 6:3 [AMP]

Growing up


Father, I affirm the Lordship of Jesus over my relationships.

When I was a child, I talked, thought and reasoned like a child. I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.

The blood of Christ, who offered himself without spot to You, Father, purges my conscience from dead works of selfishness, agitating passions and moral conflicts.

Holy Spirit, help me grow up in every way, speaking truly, dealing truly and living truly. Jesus is Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Amen


When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.
1 Corinthians 13:11 [AMP]


And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
I Thessalonians 5:23 [AMP]

Renewing Thought Patterns


It is written “For My thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways My ways” declares the Lord.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

I no longer desire to conform to the pattern of this world but may I be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

Then my thoughts and my ways will be changed to Your thoughts and Your ways in the name of Jesus.

Amen



8For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

10For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

11So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:8-11 [AMP]

Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
Romans 12:2 [AMP]

The Tongue of the Learned


Holy Spirit, help me remember that a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, my ear to listen like one being taught.

The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, I have not been rebellious; have not drawn back.

Amen


A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
Proverbs 25:11 [AMP]

 4 The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
       to know the word that sustains the weary.
       He wakens me morning by morning,
       wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

 5 The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears,
       and I have not been rebellious;
       I have not drawn back.
Isaiah 50:4-5 [NIV]


Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You do I wait all the day long.

Words of Wisdom


Father, in the name of Jesus I apply my heart to instruction and my ears to words of knowledge. All Your words are true; all Your righteous laws are eternal. The words of the Lord are flawless, silver refined in a furnace of clay, seven times. My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. Amen

Apply your mind to instruction and correction and your ears to words of knowledge.
Proverbs 23:12 [AMP]

All your words are true;
       all your righteous laws are eternal.
Psalm 119:160 [NIV]

And the words of the LORD are flawless,
       like silver refined in a furnace of clay,
       purified seven times.
Psalm 12:6 [NIV]


My mouth will speak words of wisdom;
       the utterance from my heart will give understanding.

Psalm 49:3 [NIV]


I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Psalm 91:2

No comments: