Saturday, November 21, 2009

Prayers and Meditations for Thanksgiving Week

Wisdom and Understanding

Father, in the name of Jesus, I listen carefully and hear what is being said to me. I incline my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding and insight. Humility and fear of You bring wealth and honor and life. Thank You for loving me. Amen.
Making your ear attentive to skillful and godly Wisdom and inclining and directing your heart and mind to understanding [applying all your powers to the quest for it];
Proverbs 2:2 [AMP]
The reward of humility and the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.
Proverbs 22:4 [AMP]

Comfort

Father, in the darkness of night You are composing a new song for me that I might sing a hymn of praise. Many will see and fear and put their trust in You. By day You direct Your love, at night Your song is with me – a prayer to You, the God of my life. When my heart is breaking You take up the cadence and blend it with Your song of comfort. In the name of Jesus I thank You for loving me. Amen.
And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.
Psalm 40:3 [AMP]
Yet the Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 42:8 [AMP]

Deliverance

Most High God, You are my Defender. You are a Mighty Savior. You will rejoice over me, your beloved child, as You deliver me from my sins and bring me into a right relationship with You, oh merciful Father. Amen.
The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 [AMP]

Giving of Thanks

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O most High. Now thanks be unto You, our God who always leads us to triumph in Christ, and through us infuses (manifests) the fragrance of Your knowledge in every place. Thank You for Your unspeakable gift. You give us the victory, and we give thanks always for all things unto You, our God and Father, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
IT IS a good and delightful thing to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises [with musical accompaniment] to Your name, O Most High,
Psalm 92:1 [AMP]
But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere,
2nd Corinthians 2:14 [AMP]
At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
Ephesians 5:20 [AMP]
Now thanks be to God for His Gift, [precious] beyond telling [His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift]!
2nd Corinthians 9:15 [AMP]
Lord, You are our God. You made us; we are the sheep of Your pasture. I enter into Your gates with thanksgiving, and into Your courts with praise. I am thankful unto You, and bless Your name. Lord, You are good; Your mercy is everlasting; and Your truth endures to all generations – that includes my children and grandchildren and future generations. I go forth this day rejoicing with a joyous spirit and a glad heart in the name of Jesus. Amen.
1 MAKE A joyful noise to the Lord, all you lands!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness! Come before His presence with singing!
3 Know (perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord is God! It is He Who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His]! We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise His name!
5 For the Lord is good; His mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting, His faithfulness and truth endure to all generations.
Psalm 100 [AMP]

Fruit of My Lips

Lord, by Your Holy Spirit perfect the fruit of my lips. Help me draw thanksgiving forth from my innermost resources; reach down into the most secret places of my heart that I may offer significant thanksgiving to You in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.
Hebrews 13:15 [AMP]
The law of kindness is in my mouth, and I purpose to speak words of wisdom. I realize that the words that I speak contain the power of life and death, and in the name of Jesus, I loose from myself an attitude of sarcasm, and bind to myself an attitude of kindness. I bind mercy and truth about my neck, and write them upon the table of my heart. When my words instigate anger, forgive me and help me correct my speech. When an angry person challenges me, help me remember that a soft answer turns away wrath. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
She opens her mouth in skillful and godly Wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness [giving counsel and instruction].
Proverbs 31:26 [AMP]
To have respect of persons and to show partiality is not good, neither is it good that man should transgress for a piece of bread.
Proverbs 28:21 [AMP]
Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven.
Matthew 18:18 [AMP]
Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 3:3 [AMP]
A SOFT answer turns away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger.
Proverbs 15:1 [AMP]

Let these words of wisdom bless you during this week of Thanksgiving.

No comments: