Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wisdom from Judypie: The Power of Thanksgiving

Forgiven

Father, in the name of Jesus, I am blessed. I am happy because You gave me a fresh start; my slate’s wiped clean. I count myself blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) — You are holding nothing against me and you’re not holding anything back from me. When I confessed my sin, my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared. In the Name of Jesus I thank You!

1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, to be envied) is he who has forgiveness of his transgression continually exercised upon him, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man to whom the Lord imputes no iniquity and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3 When I kept silence [before I confessed], my bones wasted away through my groaning all the day long.
4 For day and night Your hand [of displeasure] was heavy upon me; my moisture was turned into the drought of summer. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
6 For this [forgiveness] let everyone who is godly pray--pray to You in a time when You may be found; surely when the great waters [of trial] overflow, they shall not reach [the spirit in] him.

Psalm 32:1-6 [AMP]

7 Blessed and happy and to be envied are those whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered up and completely buried.
8 Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him.
Romans 4:7-8 [AMP]

Strength

Father, when I am weak You give me power. When I have no might You strengthen me. I will wait upon You, LORD, and You shall renew my strength. I shall mount up with wings as eagles. I shall run and not be weary; I shall walk and not faint. You are my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? LORD, You are the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? If God be for me, who can be against me? Amen.

29 He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted;
31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.
Isaiah 40:29-31 [AMP]

THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 [AMP]

Triumphant Praise

Father, our Lord and God, receive our song of praise as we raise our voices in song to You, the One who rides upon the clouds! Jehovah is Your name--we rejoice in Your presence. We are singing a new song of triumphant praise, and shout for joy to the God of our salvation. Hallelujah!

Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully [on the strings] with a loud and joyful sound.

Psalm 33:3 [AMP]

Sing to God, sing praises to His name, cast up a highway for Him Who rides through the deserts--His name is the Lord--be in high spirits and glory before Him!
Psalm 68:4 [AMP]

Thanksgiving

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O most High. Now thanks be unto You, our God who always leads us to triumph in Christ, and through us manifests the fragrance of Your knowledge in every place. Thank You for Your unspeakable gift. You give us the victory, and we give thanks always for all things unto You, our God and Father, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

IT IS a good and delightful thing to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises [with musical accompaniment] to Your name, O Most High,
Psalm 92:1 [AMP]

But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ’s victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere,

2nd Corinthians 2:14 [AMP]

At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
Ephesians 5:20 [AMP]

Now thanks be to God for His Gift, [precious] beyond telling [His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift]!
2nd Corinthians 9:15 [AMP]

Thank God for Everything?


Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:20 [KJV]

As a Christian, am I supposed to thank God for everything that comes my way? There is a lot of discussion about this verse in churches today. However, we need to be scripturally discriminating about this and analyze what we are giving thanks for.

Are you supposed to give God thanks for your little child getting hit by a car and dying? When your husband dies of cancer and leaves you with five children to raise. Do you thank God? There are many churches that preach that we are to give thanks in these and other evil situations. They say, “Well, the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord. ” No!

I can’t thank God when someone dies and goes to hell. I can’t thank God when someone is crippled with some paralysis and he can’t even feed himself. Is this what the scripture is asking me to do? Am I to thank God for everything that happens - good or bad?

The Spirit of God gave me a revelation regarding this scripture which I want to share with you today. Look at the twentieth verse again, “giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. ” Notice that the things we are to give thanks for are those that are “unto God. ”

In Matthew 22:16-21 (NKJV) we read, “And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, ‘Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?’  But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, ‘Why do you test Me, you hypocrites?  Show Me the tax money.’  So they brought Him a denarius. And He said to them, ‘Whose image and inscription is this?’ They said to Him, ‘Caesar’s.’   And He said to them, ‘Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.’”

We are supposed to give thanks to God always for the things that He has done, not for what the devil has done. Do you understand? We give God thanks, credit, praise and glory for what He has done! You don’t thank God for what the devil has done. You don’t thank God that somebody died and went to hell. You don’t thank God that somebody is sick and helpless or because somebody was killed or murdered. Don’t blame God for what the devil does.

I know that the idea of a devil is far fetched for some intellectuals. However, whether you believe it or not, the devil still exists. The Word of God says it and I believe God’s Word. Some of you are in denial and that is why the devil has been whipping your heads. He has tricked you into believing that he doesn’t exist and you have been calling the things that the devil has been doing in your life, “the works of God. ”
Even as a society we have been blaming God for all manner of destruction. The insurance companies write into their insurance contracts, “Acts of God. ” There are certain things they won’t insure because they say that the flood, hurricane, tornado and earthquakes are “Acts of God. ”

First John 3:8 says: He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

If Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, then the devil must have some works. Is this right? Jesus described the devil and his works in John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to seal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. ”

The devil has some works and when the devil does his works you are not to give God thanks for what the devil has done. You give thanks unto God for what He has done. Render unto God the things that are God’s and render unto Satan the things that he has done. Stop blaming God for the things that the devil is doing!

No comments: