Thursday, January 15, 2009

Meditations from Judypie

Our Father, I delight myself in You, and thank You for another New Year. I let go of the past with its mistakes, hurts, and disappointments. I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in my heart, living within me, as I trust in Him. May my roots go down deep into the soil of Your marvelous love; and may I be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high Your love really is; and to experience this love for myself, though it is so great that I will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last I will be filled up with God himself. In Jesus name. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Ephesians 3:14-21

So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12

LORD, You are my rock, my fortress, my Deliverer, my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my Salvation. You are my High Tower. For Your name’s sake lead me, and guide me. You brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and You established my goings. You are my Strong Habitation, whereunto I may continually resort; You gave the commandment to save me for You are my Rock and my Fortress. In the name of Jesus, You are my Foundation. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Psalm 18:2; 31:3; 40:2; 71:3

I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3

Father, in the name of Jesus, I am abiding in the Vine, and He abides in me to cultivate a harvest of love, joy, peace; forbearance, kindness, benevolence; meekness, and self-restraint in my life. I belong to Christ, having nailed my natural evil desires to His cross, where they were crucified. Father, I am not desirous of vainglory, and will not provoke or envy others, but I seek to bring forth those good fruits, which are to the praise and glory of God. In Jesus name. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: John 15:1-17; Galatians 5:22-23

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4

Father, You have set before me life and death, blessing and cursing. I come before You choosing life that I—and my children might live. I choose to love You, Lord my God, to obey You and to cling to You, for You are my life and the length of my days. Thank You for blessing me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I turn away from everything wrong, whether of body or spirit, and purify myself, living in the wholesome fear of God, and give myself to You alone. In the name of Jesus, I give Your Word first place in my daily life. Amen.

Father, we believe in our hearts that You raised Jesus from the dead, and we confess Jesus is Lord over our spirits, souls and bodies. Father-God, You planted us like strong and graceful oaks for Your own glory, and anointed us to rebuild the ancient ruins… reviving them though they have lain there many generations. We thank You for forgiving all our iniquities and healing all our diseases. We decree that our families and future generations shall come to the knowledge of the Truth and be saved. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Romans 10:9-10; Psalm 103

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

Matthew 11:28

Abba Father, I thank You for sending Jesus who brought us out from under doom by taking the curse for our wrongdoing upon Himself. We have witnessed the fruit of disobedience—the iniquities of the fathers passed down to the present generation. We repent and renounce our sins and the sins of our ancestors, and ask You to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. In the name of Jesus we break generational curses of our earthy fathers, and bow ourselves before You, our Heavenly Father who is faithful, forgiving, loving, kind, compassionate, and full of mercy. In Jesus name. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Galatians 3:11; 1st John 1:9; Nehemiah 9:2; Exodus 20:5

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”

Psalm 91:2

No comments: