Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Right Path

This week... Judy Ann provides meditations guaranteed to help you stay on the right path during this upcoming week, and beyond...

The Right Path

The Right Path by Judy Ann

Father, show me the path You want me to take and point out the right road on which I should walk. Today I deny myself and take up my cross and follow You wherever You may lead. Lead me beside the quiet waters; restore my soul. You are guiding me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. You are my God and I will praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.

Psalm 25:4 [AMP]

34And Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me]. 35For whoever wants to save his [higher, spiritual, eternal] life, will lose it [the lower, natural, temporal life which is lived only on earth]; and whoever gives up his life [which is lived only on earth] for My sake and the Gospel's will save it [his higher, spiritual life in the eternal kingdom of God]. 36For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life [in the eternal kingdom of God]? 37For what can a man give as an exchange (a compensation, a ransom, in return) for his [blessed] life [in the eternal kingdom of God]? 38For whoever is ashamed [here and now] of Me and My words in this adulterous (unfaithful) and [preeminently] sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when He comes in the glory (splendor and majesty) of His Father with the holy angels.

Mark 8:34-38 [AMP]

A Psalm of David. 1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. 2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. 3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake. 4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. 6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Psalm 23 [AMP]

Father, may I always listen for Your gentle whisper. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to take me by the hand and guide me into all the truth. He speaks only what He hears, and He will tell me what is yet to come. In all m y ways I acknowledge You, and You shall direct my path. In the name of Jesus, I thank You for Your great love for me. Amen.
And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice.

1 Kings 19:12 [AMP]

But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

John 16:13 [AMP]

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Proverbs 3:6 [AMP]

Power and Love Our God is so full of power and love for us there’s nothing He cannot do or will not do for our benefit! God doesn’t want you to be fearful and anxious. He wants you to rest in Him and pray. For when we pray and allow the Holy Spirit to direct our steps, He will always lead us out of bondage, sickness or depression and into victory! "...you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit come upon you..." - Acts 1:8 "Grace does not grant any of us permission to live in the flesh, but it will supply the power to live it the spirit!" “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life” - 1 John 2:25 Eternal life is God’s gift to everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. “Keep yourselves in the love of God ” - Jude 1:21 Remaining grounded in God’s love protects you from Satan. When you walk in love, you are hidden in God’s light, and the devil can’t touch you! "Grace does not grant any of us permission to live in the flesh, but it will supply the power to live it the spirit!" Father, thank You for the Holy Spirit who helps me pray when I don’t know how or what to pray for. I affectionately and gratefully praise Your name, thanking You for answered prayer. The Holy Spirit helps me love without hypocrisy. I abhor what is evil, and cling to what is good. I will be kindly affectionate to others with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to others, not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. I rejoice in hope, patient in tribulation, and will continue steadfast in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit who takes hold together with me against my weaknesses. Amen.
9-10Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. 11-13Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

Romans 12:9-13 [AMP]

"Grace does not grant any of us permission to live in the flesh, but it will supply the power to live it the spirit!" Father, I thank You that You simply write Your will for me on my heart. And I thank You that You not only give me the desire or willingness to do what You want me to do, but You also give me the strength and ability to do it! Thank You for leading me from the inside in all that I need to do today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

No comments: