Sunday, October 11, 2009

Meditations from Judypie: Healed Body / Renewed Mind

A Healing Prayer

Jesus was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.

Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted. But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. I receive divine healing for my spirit, soul and body in the name of Jesus. Amen.
He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him. Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
Isaiah 53:3-5 [AMP]

Renewing Thought Patterns

It is written, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” I no longer desire to conform to the pattern of this world, but may I be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then my thoughts and my ways will be changed to Your thoughts and your ways, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
Romans 12:2 [AMP]

The Power of God’s Word

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, they do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is God’s word that goes out from His mouth. When He speaks and when I speak His word, it will not return empty, but will accomplish what He desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it. Father, I thank You for creating in me Your desires. Amen.
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:8-11 [AMP]

Meditation

The scriptures you have just studied contain the life shaping/ world changing power.  But that power needs to be activated by mixing it with faith.  Allow the Word of God to build faith within your heart (faith comes by hearing... hearing by the word of God).  As your faith rises, make a verbal declaration right where you are and receive your healing in Jesus’ name.  Receive a renewed mind by the power of God’s Holy Word.  And then, think of those other people in your life who need the power of God to be manifest in their lives.  Pray for our local and national leaders.  Pray without ceasing.  Pray with confidence in God’s faithfulness to deliver you. 
FIRST OF all, then, I admonish and urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men, For kings and all who are in positions of authority or high responsibility, that [outwardly] we may pass a quiet and undisturbed life [and inwardly] a peaceable one in all godliness and reverence and seriousness in every way.
1st Timothy 2: 1-2 [AMP]

No comments: