Sunday, August 2, 2009

Meditations from Judypie: Words and Attitudes

Power of Words

The Bible has much to say about words. A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life] (Proverbs 18:20-21). Listen to your words; are they producing life or death? What are you speaking about yourself, your family, your job? Renew you mind, fill your heart with the powerful, transforming Word of God, and you will eat the fruit of life; healing, health, well-being, prosperity and good relationships. God’s words will not return unto him void. They will produce a crop of blessings!

O LORD, set a guard over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth. Your words are spirit and life, and I pray that the Word of God may dwell richly in me with all wisdom. Then my words will be seasoned with grace, and my tongue will keep me from calamity, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth; keep watch at the door of my lips.

Psalm 141:3 [AMP]

It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that makes him unclean and defiled, but what comes out of the mouth; this makes a man unclean and defiles [him].

Matthew 15:11 [AMP]

Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it.

Ephesians 4:29 [AMP]

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles.

Proverbs 21:23 [AMP]

Open My Eyes

Lord, I ask You to open my eyes that I may see the wonderful things in Your law. Thank You for the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father has sent in Your name. He will teach me all things and will remind me of everything You have said. Lord Jesus, thank You for opening my understanding and for showing me how to read my Bible. Amen

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law.

Psalm 119:18 [AMP]

He went on to open their understanding of the Word of God, showing them how to read their Bibles this way. He said, “You can see now how it is written that the Messiah suffers, rises from the dead on the third day, and then a total life-change through the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed in his name to all nations—starting from here, from Jerusalem! You’re the first to hear and see it. You’re the witnesses. What comes next is very important: I am sending what my Father promised to you, so stay here in the city until he arrives, until you’re equipped with power from on high.”

Luke 24:45-49 [Message]

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

John 14:26 [NAS]

Christ is your Sufficiency

Sooner or later everyone has to deal with pride. We trust in our own resources and blame others when life doesn’t turn out as we plan. We can’t ask anyone for help because pride convinces us that we are sufficient unto ourselves. We even think that we know more and are smarter than all our teachers. This stronghold of pride not only hinders healthy relationships, but prevents us from seeking God. God is faithful and He will turn it around when we choose to acknowledge and humble ourselves before Him. He is more than enough. He is our sufficiency! He has made us fit, worthy and sufficient to be His ministers in the marketplace as an employer or employee, at home, in our communities and abroad. Choose to be teachable and contrite, Christ will be your sufficiency one day at a time. He is more than enough and you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Father, it is true, I can’t do a solitary thing on my own: I listen, and then I decide. I’m not out to get my own way but only to carry out Your orders. Not because I think I can do anything of lasting value by myself. My only power and success comes from God. Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your power is made perfect in my weakness. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Amen

“I can’t do a solitary thing on my own: ”

John 5:30 [Message]

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God.

2nd Corinthians 3:5 [NLT]

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

2nd Corinthians 12:9 [AMP]

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

Philippians 4:13 [AMP]

Seated with Christ

I ask the God of our Lord Jesus Christ the glorious Father to give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know Him better... that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened... that I may know the hope to which He has called me the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints... His incomparably great power for all who believe. And God raised me up with Christ and seated me with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus far above all rule and authority power and dominion and every title that can be given not only in the present age but also in the one to come. In Jesus name. Amen

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Ephesians 1:17-21 [NIV]

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Ephesians 2:6 [NIV]

Meditation

In the name of Jesus, I am blessed. My Lord, I delight in Your law, and on Your law I meditate day and night. I am like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever I do prospers. Jesus, You have been made unto me wisdom, righteousness and sanctification, and I enjoy living in the Way of Truth. Thank you, Lord, for watching over the way of the righteous. Amen

1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather. 2 But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. 3 And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. 4 Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God]. 6 For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God’s will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).

Psalm 1:1-6

Benediction

My choice is you, God, first and only.
And now I find I’m your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard.
And then you made me your heir!

Psalm 16:5-6 [The Message]

No comments: