Sunday, November 9, 2008

If ye Have Love One to Another

“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:35)

Often I think of the blood that you shed

The blood that you shed so that I may live

The love that you showed me that day on the cross

The love that continues to grow in my heart

Why me I wonder?

What did I do?

Me, who is so far from perfect

The idea is skewed

It's like that for all of us

We come to him broken

Ashamed of our past

And yet His arms are wide open.

That kind of love

Is the love we should have

The love we should always show our fellow man

So the question is this?

How do we love?

Others as Jesus continues to love us?

The answer is simple

The answer is this:

Love one another as Jesus loves us!

Simply put. If God can forgive you who are we to hold a grudge?

If God can open His arms wide after all that we have done. What prevents us from doing the same?

We are human and yet we are blessed beyond all measure with the spirit of God

No comments: